Terms and Conditions
1. All vehicles must be supplied with the requisite tool for locking wheel nuts and other special tools for wheel removal & fitting where applicable.
2. All customers vehicles left on our premises are fully insured for accidental damage, fire & theft. We accept no responsibility for existing damage or bad condition. Any vehicle checked into our premises will be subject to a damage assessment. We accept no responsibility for personal belongings left in vehicles or any mechanical faults such as ignition problems, hand brake failure, strange engine noises, electrical failure etc.
3. We endeavour to fulfil our service as advised in the package you have selected where possible, this can only be guaranteed if:-
-The wheels do not contain any hidden defects that may delay the repair process
4. All customers will be contacted before any additional work is carried out e.g. straightening. We reserve the right not to complete a repair if we believe that the wheel will not be safe on completion. Wheels that have been badly damaged e.g. badly bent and cracked may never perform as well as they originally did.
5. We can refurbish wheels to the highest standard; however, in some cases where wheels are very badly damaged, have poor casting, have been poorly repaired previously or have excessive corrosion (can become apparent when old finish is removed) it can be difficult to obtain our usual perfect finish. Please bear in mind the cost of replacing the wheel and appreciate work done to a high-quality OEM finish at a fraction of the cost.
6. We guarantee our workmanship for 12 months on our powder coat painted and diamond cut rims. The guarantee covers the re-appearance and the quality/durability of our coatings. It does not cover intentional or accidental damage, the use of knock on weights, kerbing, stone chips, off road driving, use of chemicals cleaners other than The Wheel Company recommends and fair wear & tear.
7. If you are immediately not happy with our workmanship we will evaluate the wheel and undertake the repair again if this is necessary / still possible or a refund equal to the portion of the invoice price representing the unsatisfactory repair. Any refund or liability shall be limited to a maximum of the amount quoted on the estimate or invoice. The Wheel Company will not be liable for any consequential loss incurred as a result of a repair. It is incumbent on you to keep a receipt as proof of work carried out. Any warranty claim made without a receipt shall be at The Wheel Company discretion. The Wheel Company Wheels guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.Please note that certain high gloss finishes such as; Chrome effect finish, Shadow Chrome, Platinum Silver, High Power Silvers or Ghost & Gloss Black show blemishes more readily (depending on the condition of the wheels). In some of these cases we cannot guarantee a perfect finish, this is normally only noticeable on close inspection and not noticeable when wheel is on the car.
8. Please note during the wheel straightening process we cannot guarantee the best results every time due to differences in materials used by manufacturers and can be determined on attempt also there is a risk of wheel cracking doing this. In this situation we offer to weld at extra cost with customers permission or not to finish the job with no charge. Any refund or liability shall be limited to a maximum of the amount quoted on the estimate or invoice. The Wheel Company will not be liable for any consequential loss incurred as a result of a repair
9. In many cases tyre pressure sensor equipment can cause problems. We may have to cut the valve core and replace it. This leaves the sensor in-tact. In some cases, un-professional tyre fitters have already broken the sensors during previous repairs, we take no responsibility for such damage. If we become aware of any additional problems, we will contact the customer before taking any action to inform of additional costs.
10. Resetting TPMS sensors. The Wheel Company does not take responsibility for resetting any vehicle computers used for monitoring tyre pressure. Owners should refer to their vehicle manual for guidance. We do our best to help with this process by setting the tyre pressure correctly and advising what to do next. The standard rubber valves are free of charge with the refurbishment but specialist valves such as metal ones can be requested at extra cost. The original metal valves can be refitted if in good condition at customers request but we do not take responsibility for leaks resulting from re-fitting old valves. We recommend replacing the valve steam after each removal or at least servicing them with service kits.
11. We take great care to ensure all wheels refitted are correctly tightened up to recommended torque, however it is recommended, and this is customer responsibility to check all wheel bolts/nuts for tightness after 30 miles of driving.
12. We reserve the right to refuse re-fitting illegal or defected tyres. If such tyres are fitted at the customer’s request it is their responsibility.
13. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your finished wheel please contact us and we will do our best to resolve any problems.
14. Vehicles/Wheels will not be released until payment has been received. Wheels not collected after 30 days will be sold to recoup costs, unless prior arrangement has been made.
In these Conditions, the following rules apply:
15. A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality);
16. A reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns;
17. Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms;
18. A reference to writing or written includes e-mails.
19. The Order you place via the Website constitutes an offer to purchase the Goods in accordance with these Conditions. You are responsible for ensuring that the terms of the Order are correct. Please read and check your Order before placing.
20. The Order shall only be deemed accepted by us when you have paid for the Goods, monies received by us. We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email confirming that the order has been received. The Contract between us is formed when we send you the email.
21. In the unlikely event that you are able to place an Order for an item that is not available from stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. Depending on the time period for stock to arrive you may be given the option to wait for your items or your Order will be cancelled. In these circumstances, upon cancellation, you will be refunded in full.
22. We only accept Orders originating from and for delivery to UK addresses.
23. The only language in which the Contract can be concluded is English.
24. Where the Customer has been directed to the Website as a result of a third party site, these sites are independent from us and we are not responsible or liable for such sites. Customers should consult the terms and conditions of the site in question for more information.
25. Goods are described on the Website.
26. We reserve the right to amend the product description if required.
27. Images of the goods on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Representations of colour online are as accurate as our photographic and electronic processes will allow. Please note that colour online can also be affected by the calibrations of different output devices.
28. All weights and sizes are supplied as a guide only and are approximate.
29. In the event that there are any errors regarding price or description, we reserve the right to correct that price or description and notify you accordingly. In these circumstances, it will be deemed that a contract has not been entered into and you will not be bound to continue with your purchase. We will cancel your Order and your credit/debit card or your PayPal account will be refunded in full. The repayment of such monies paid to us will be the extent of our liability to you in the event of these errors.
30. The price of the service is the price set out on the Website at the time you submit your Order. All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling.
31. The price of the service does not include delivery charges which will be as advised during the checkout process, before you confirm your Order.
32. The price of the services is inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rate chargeable in the UK. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of Order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay unless you have already paid for the Goods in full before the change in VAT. 4.4.
33. The prices shown are only applicable to purchases made via the Website. On occasions, the prices payable and promotions offered online may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time at our premises. We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion that differs from those online.
34. We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards registered at UK addresses, or by PayPal registered to UK addresses.
5.2. Payment will be debited from your account just before the despatch of your Goods, and if your payment card has expired, we will be unable to take payment and fulfil your Order.
35. When an Order is placed a pre-authorisation will be made against your account. Payment is not taken at this time. We will endeavour to process any payments at the time of dispatch. On the rare occasion that this process is not successful, we will re-process accordingly. We will not inform you if this delay occurs. We are not liable for any bank charges that may be incurred by the Customer if sufficient funds are not available at the time when payment is taken.
36. All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
37. In addition, to prevent fraudulent use of credit and debit cards, we will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the Order process against commercially available records (e.g. Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the Website you consent to such checks being made. We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your Order or we may be unable to accept your Order. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
38. Refurbished wheels are warranted free of defective workmanship or materials for one year from when the work is completed. This warranty excludes physical damage that occurs after collection or delivery of the wheel, howsoever caused, and any corrosion subsequent to any such damage. Damage caused by inappropriate cleaning methods or products is not covered under warranty.
39. The Wheel Company are not and do not hold themselves out to be vehicle engineers, and cannot guarantee in any way the integrity of any customer’s wheel, either before or after refurbishment.
40. No warranty is given in relation to any repair involving straightening or welding.
41. No responsibility for damage caused to run flat tyres or sensor valves, which occurs during any required removal or refitting, will be accepted by The Wheel Company, due to the inherently high risk of damage to these items.
42. All warranties are non-transferable and only apply for the original Customer.
43. We shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the contract.
44. Our total liability to the customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the total price paid for the goods and/or services, and shall be conditional on any such loss being due to circumstances over which FAW might reasonably be expected to have control.
45. Except as set out in these conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract.
46. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); (d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and (e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
47. We shall not be liable for any loss or other consequence caused by a product or service not being completed by an estimated due date. On occasion, and due to events outside our control, it is necessary to re-do work, where the final quality is not to our high standards.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
48. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Conditions.
49. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Conditions to another person if we agree in writing.
50. The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, subject to 11.2 above.
51. Each of the paragraphs of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
52. These terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Goods through our Website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law.
53. These terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties.